Thursday, September 8, 2016

Coming soon: Denise goes to Austria!

2016 has been a busy year for me.  In February I completed a residency with the wonderful dancers at Auburn University.  In March I was blessed to teach and perform at the MAD festival in Rochester, NY.  And in June I started work on my PhD at Texas Woman's University.  My life is full of dance and scholarship.

Coming up is an exciting opportunity to share my work in Guatemala and a solo performance at the IUGTE conference in Austria.  In December I will present at this international and intercultural arts conference, sharing my interdisciplinary teaching in the highlands of Guatemala.  I will also co-present with choreographer Andrea Vazquez and pianist James Kaufmann.  We will perform our collaborative work, Axis, set to Bartok's Mikrokosmos Book 4.  Check out IUGTE here.  To learn more about Andrea and James, check out Another River Interdisciplinary Ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment